Employee Background Checks – Before You Hire!
The overwhelming dishonesty present throughout today’s society requires that employers consider employee candidates further than what may appear on the surface.
Though a potential employee might seem perfect for a job based on his or her qualifications, there are a wealth of other factors that an employer or hiring manager must consider. The qualifications provided by an employee are often questionable until verified, and other information such as honesty, credibility, or even legal issues may come into play during the hiring process. As a result, an increasingly high number of businesses & employers are finding that performing Employee Background Checks is an essential aspect of the employee hiring process. As an employer or hiring manager, Employee Background Checks ensure that you are hiring who you think you are hiring.
At PeopleRecords.com, we are aware of the issues that many employers face during the hiring process. We have found that an increasing number of employers are falling victim to negligent hiring and other common problems, most of which are either costly or involve legal problems. Our goal at PeopleRecords.com is to provide the most comprehensive Employee Background Check Service to employers, to possibly offset the common problems that have become evident to us. Our Employee Background Check service at PeopleRecords.com hopes to address the concerns of employers while emphasizing the best qualities of Employee Background Check services.
Among others, here are some of the issues that have persuaded employers to initiate employee background checks:
- Negligent Hiring – employers are concerned about lawsuits that might arise if they do not check an applicant’s court or criminal record. By not performing an employee background check, many employers run the risk of assuming too much liability for the health and safety of the workforce.
- Be in the Know – employers want to know if they are hiring a job candidate who is suspected of child abuse, a child abduction, who has a warrant out for his or her arrest, is on a terrorist most-wanted list, or who has been a part of a scandal in another company
- False Information – Since the economy is bad and jobs are in short supply, many potential candidates are willing to commit resume fraud in order to boost themselves above the competition. Employers want to be able to uncover false information that a candidate may have included on a job application, such as a false salary or job position.
- State and Federal Law Requirements – depending on the nature of the business, many state or federal agencies require that employers perform background checks on all job applicants that reach a certain level in the hiring process.
When you perform an Employee Background Check, you can find some or all of the following information about your job candidates:
- Driving records
- Financial records
- Social Security number
- Court records
- Credit records
- Personal references
- Property ownership
- Sex offender lists
- Criminal records
- State licensing records
- Educational and certificate verification
- Workers’ compensation records
Because we are providing this service, PeopleRecords.com also finds it necessary to address the legal requirements that employers must consider. There are now regulations that limit employers from using employee background checks to discriminate against employees. Though this service is definitely important, it is also important that you heed all laws involving employee background checks.
For more information on what may apply to you, visit the articles section of our website or consult with the Fair Credit Reporting Act or your local hiring laws.
At PeopleRecords.com, we can identify with the dilemma that many employers have found themselves in when hiring undesirable employee candidates. We provide the Employee Background Check Service you need – but it’s your responsibility, as employers, to capitalize on the benefits of this service. We suggest that, if possible, you take advantage of the Employee Background Check service to protect yourself from legal as well as monetary issues that may stem from being uninformed about potential employee candidates.